Cannabinol, or CBN, is a cannabinoid present in cannabis plants with concentrations of less than 1%. It isnaturallysynthesized when tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) undergoes oxidation and exposure to UV rays.
Until recently, little was known about the benefits of cannabinol. Most cannabis research has focused on the two major cannabinoids, cannabidiol (CBD) and THC.
With the interest in well-being and CBD products, we are also interested in the other molecules of this unique plant.
In this article, we will look at the benefits of the cannabinoid CBN. We will discover how many people use it for their well-being.
- CBN is considered a slightly psychoactive cannabinoid, but only in high doses. Products containing it on the French market are not psychoactive.
- Our customers consume cannabinol products with the aim of improved sleep, relaxation, pain relief and < a href="/en/blogs/discover-le-cbd/le-cbd-to-fight-against-stress-and-anxiety">fight against stress.
- Gummies and oils containing CBN are often associated with CBD or even CBG but with a higher dose of CBN than would be naturally found in the plant. However, the concentration of Cannabidol present is generally limited to avoid possible psychoactive effects. However, you do not risk of being out of phase with our products, but rather very relaxed to find sleep.
Before we explore the possible benefits of CBN, let's look at how the cannabis sativa plant produces cannabinol. When tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) breaks down in the plant it synthesizes CBN.
We therefore find higher concentrations of cannabinol in mature cannabis flowers which are more exposed to oxidation and UV rays. This also means that aged cannabis flowers contain higher amounts of CBN than fresh flowers.
To produce significant amounts of cannabinol, many manufacturers convert CBD or THC cannabinoids into CBN by exposing the cannabinoids to UV light and speeding up the oxidation process. Like most cannabinoids, cannabinol is non-toxic. However, CBN acts on CB1 receptors in the body's endocannabinoid system, meaning it is mildly psychoactive. We only feel the psychoactive effects at very high doses.
The main reported benefit of cannabinol concerns its sedative properties. They are believed to contribute to the relaxing effect that some people experience with older marijuana strains, which naturally have higher levels of CBN.
However, there is some controversy over whether CBN alone (cannabinol isolate) is responsible for this.
- Cannabinol was thefirstcannabinoid to be isolated from the cannabis plant in 1984. It was wrongly thought to be the compound responsible for the psychoactive effects of marijuana.
- As a derivative of the cannabinoid THC, Cannabidol is mildly psychoactive, but only in extremely high doses.
En entrant sur ce site, je reconnais être majeur(e).SORTIR
Submit your email to get updates on products and special promotions.